Sunday, June 13, 2010

A week's worth of mini blog entries



Mmmmm... carrier.


Did you ever get so mad you farted? Nora has.

.................

Baby bean just spit up a huge volume of milk as I was carrying her across the room. Most of it went directly into the basket of clean laundry. Sometimes, there's nothing to do but laugh.

..................

She has started to say something that sounds eerily like "Hi!". Our enthusiastic reaction (or perhaps just a developmental advance) seems to have prompted a whole torrent of other sounds: GAH!, GaYAH, AhYAH, yeh-ah (sounds a bit like yeah), eeeee. They are mostly vowel sounds and modified squeals, but there are a few consonants mixed in--I've heard mostly Gs and Hs.

...................

New toy! Nanna and Grandpa visited and brought a thing that hangs on her vibrating chair. It has lots of new! things! to look at! Her mind may officially be blown. 

Like the other one, this one has a frog in the center, who plays music. I've decided to call him Beebop. There's also a turtle who rattles. I think I'll call him Bones.

...................

Last night, I woke up in the middle of the night to a not-crying baby sound. Nora had wiggled out of her swaddler and was babbling to her hands.

Tonight, I woke up because she was farting repeatedly in her sleep.

...................

She's working on standing. She's pretty good at it.

...................

So many noises! She's working on a whole range of sounds. I think I heard a w tonight. Ross thinks he heard an m earlier.

No comments: