There are many many posts coming--wedding, honeymoon and my college reunion come to mind. But I just had to make a quick post to say that after 1-1/2 years of being a run down mess, my bike is back in commission! I was having a lousy day yesterday, so I went home and worked all afternoon in the sunshine.
So here's the run-down of what I did:
1) strip components from the frame and clean everything
2) replace my 3 year old cassette with an Ultegra 12-25
3) replace my blown rear tire and tube
4) replace my 6(!) year old rear deraileur with a brand new Ultegra
5) replace cables and reassemble
The drive train is SO nice. I knew that the derailleur was falling apart, but I had no idea how much it affected my enjoyment while riding.
I have my bike back again!